Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cinco De Miyo times two of the year of Emergence

It's just amazing to me that some critters in the wild, or perhaps more so in captivity, can get such pleasure from taking a bath in what clearly is not the same water that you and I would get into.  I know that's not proper English, but you get the drift.

Take a zoo for instance.  For the birds, like flamingos, the choice of bathrooms for no.s one and two are the same source of their bath and drinking water.  So when somebody says that bird smells like s**t, it probably does.  No I mean in real time.  But when they do bathe, they seem to be deriving such joy in just flopping into something wet.

Can a bird smile.  Sometime you would think.  I mean these are some of the great imponderables in this world and require some real thought.  Oh, and do birds have ones and twos, or is it all just twos?  Maybe a college study or thesis could be undertaken to determine the sheer pleasure a bird gets from a bath.  Ought to get some kid through at least the Master's Degree level somewhere, and maybe with a government grant to boot. 

Me ----- I always try to keep he bird bath clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment