Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The fourth of the fifth month of the year of Emergence

The second cup of Pikes Place Roast is starting to do it's caffeine thing.  I have been sitting in the pergola listening to God give nature a bath since somewhere around six o'clock.  Just amazing what a good rain and the lack of people will do for the thought process.  The border collie spaniel mix has been chasing thunder around the house since somewhere around three.  Or at least if feels as if it was that early when she started.  Seems to think that barking and running after it will somehow scare it away.  A year ago she actually got out of the house and spent two hours and Lord knows how many miles wearing herself out and me thin.  It took two weeks and a vets visit to cure her of the exhaustion and here she is ready to do it all again.



I guess her attitude towards storms is akin to mine towards the photography business.  It's almost innate, or at least something that has some mystical hold over my mental process.  I just have to have the ability to capture that sixtieth of a second of history as I saw it.  As if to say, "Hey, you didn't see it the way I did...so here take a look".  And for me it's then quickly on to the next.  When I sit back (like this morning)  to smell the roses and actually study what I did, well some of it's pretty good and others.....maybe not so much.  Either/or, it's what I do ----------- chasing thunder and barking about it.

2 comments:

  1. My Westie used to do the same thing. He didn't like low/deep sounds and would even growl at certain notes on the guitar and trumpet when my daughter and I practiced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anita, as long as I don't start to growl at things that go bump in the night...lol.

    ReplyDelete