Thursday, November 8, 2012

11 8 12

Remembering
 
It's 37 degrees this morning at 7:37 (interesting play on numbers there) and the cup of Pike Place Roast actually has steam rising over the edge where I place my lower lip.  The dog and I have chased the eighth million squirrel this month off the bird feeders.  For an urban setting things are pretty quiet still.  No sirens blasting over in the hood but I notice there is a train disturbing our world as they make their way through road crossings hauling their loads of granite from one of the two quarries.
 
 
These are actually awesome places to see and as I said we have two of them.  Columbia sits right on the line where the sand of previous oceans meet the rock of the midland plains which lead up to the upstate hills and eventually over to the Smokies of Tennessee.
 
Incidentally, there is a sizable of wild Elk herd roaming the northeastern part of the Smokies.  A long way in mind and deed from the quarries of the Midlands.
 
 
I have no idea who the urban mountain man is, but he followed us around for the better part of a week. 
 
Amazing just what a hot cup of coffee will do to the imagination of people.  But the squirrels are temporarily gone as is the train and once again I am left with my fractured thoughts.  I guess it's a sign of old (er) age that the mind wanders to things past more readily than things immediate....like "Why did I come into this room again?"
 
But I am not ready for the big dirt nap yet" 
 
 Which reminds me yet of another item of the past in a head stone company I frequented a number of times.  Remember it like it was only yesterday..... now where did I put that pen?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment