Friday, February 15, 2013

2 15 13

HOW LUCKY IS THAT!
 
It just "Dawned" on me while watching last night's... sunset that we, you and I and a whole bunch of other blind dumb luckers, are very fortunate.
 
 
I mean, last night we were sitting at our club on the lake eating steak, baked potato, salad with two choices of cake for desert and watching the sun go down over the water.
 
I grant you we were celebrating one of the more noted "Hallmark" holidays, basically designed to pamper women and get the men to spend money on cards, flowers, candy and if they were lucky hard shiny stones, aka rocks!  But think about it....we could have been born in Bangledesh or the Congo.  So we are lucky...we were, for the most part, born into the greatest country on the planet.  How intelligent of us to have chosen such smart parents.
 
Sorry guys, but that's about as romantic as I get!  In my case she got an orchid plant and a card from the super market...all class!  At least the orchids won't wilt and die in a week and it's on her to maintain them.  Could live for years....Aren't we lucky!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment