Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back again, back again....fiddle dee dee!

You all have my undying sympathy for having to endure a few days without my pithy wit, historic insight and just plain, plain talk here on "The Blog"! 

I have been to see the Wizards and actually do some semi serious shooting.  I say semi because I was free wheeling and snapping like the tourist I was.

My basic intent of the trip to Maryland was to see a budding hockey thug play in one of his games.  Ben, my grandson, is nowhere near thug like but is learning quickly what it means to have to put your nose in the crease and have somebody swing a stick at it.  He played well for only a year in the league and just amazed me at his natural ability and level of intensity.  So proud of him.  You go boy!!!!!!!!!!  Ya done gud number four!

 
Ben's sister is in training for the future "Housewives of Maryland" TV special to be aired sometime in the next 15 years.  She'll be a natural and already has the drama and quick mouth to be a star.  So proud of her too.
 
 
I did manage to get  Ben and one of his buddies, Tyler, out of the house and away from the puter games to visit a local air museum.  Amazing place where a bunch of guys bought a hundred acreas of land, built a couple of hangars, made an air strip and invite the public to look at planes and the history there of.  Big boys who acquired a big space to play with their big toys.
 
 
Part of the trip included Maryland horse country and Pennsylvanis Amish....so stay tuned.
 
The blog is back!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Did you get snowed in anywhere? Can't wait for my g'kids to do exciting things (the 2 oldest turn 10 this spring), although both boys are very active in swimming and baseball, running (they do triathlons) and biking; dabble in surfing and skateboarding. At what age do they settle in on just one or two things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Anita. I settled into baseball around 14 I guess. Played all the others too. Was mediocre at best but had fun. Ben's doing great. This is the only sport he has taken any interest in and is more interested in the computer. Thanks for the comment and enjoy em! The grow up too quick.

    ReplyDelete