Monday, November 25, 2013

25 NOVEMBER 13

HOME SWEET HOME


Some of you have wondered just what I do all day when I am not on here peddling photos.  Well, it is apparent from the photograph that keeping up the old homestead takes a lot of time.

This morning we woke up to no water and temperatures below freezing.  Body functions and bathing have been suspended temporarily until the government wonders can fix a water line break.  Thank God we have that big old pump out behind the shed.  But nothing to prime it with,  except some of that designer bottled water that we bought at Trader Joe's a few months ago.  

I think that the decorating I have done for Thanksgiving has gone well.  I mean it was a touch of genius putting the 55 gallon water drum right by the front door.  Considering the water situation, I should have put it under one of the drain spouts on the house to collect the rain.  Oh, wait a minute we don't have down spouts. 

The table next to the tank is used for cleaning fish and other wildlife we are able to collect.  You know, semi-fresh road kill.  I think that's what's on the menu for Thursday.  With our air conditioning like it is, I just have to pass the freshly cleaned critters through the kitchen window to the right.

How do you like the big piece of lumber on the right holding up the front wall?  The house leans a little bit without it.  And it's a good thing I cleaned off the front porch…..this way the family has a place to sit come Thursday.  

Well, that's it for today.  Got to slap on some deodorant and after shave to make myself at least a little presentable until they get the water back on.

Good thing that Face Book thingy doesn't have a scratch and sniff button!

No comments:

Post a Comment