Monday, November 4, 2013

4 November 13

November, what the heck ever happened to April?  Time flies. 

 Walked the new section of the River walk the other day.  Have a new idea for a blog, but that will come when I figure out how to do it on this new computer.  Which, judging by the way time flies, may not be till after the elections in 2014 or even 2016.  My eldest Granddaughter has a Birthday today and she is getting way to much older than I thought I was.  Sigh!    

The new section of the walk is still unused for the most part and for me that is a good thing.


The entrance on one end and  a boat ramp on the other.  The whole stretch probably isn't a half mile and it is a very quiet walk.


That's the Congaree River, and during the fishing season can become a pretty busy place. But on this day there were only two vehicles in the parking lot.  Even so, I marvel at the ingenuity of the thugs that inhabit our world.  


That pole is about 30 feet high and is one of the steel pilings used to hold the floating dock.  The thugs had to climb 20 to 30 feet just to get their gang colors and symbols up.  If we could just channel all that talent into something other than rape, murder and mayhem maybe we'd have something.  Just amazing.


The modern day thugs remind me of poison ivy climbing an old oak tree that it will eventually kill.  Amazing what a quiet walk will conjure up in an already seasoned and muddled mind.


I know there are deer here, but don't see too much sign of them.  I thought this might be a deer trail leading from the woods to the river, but so such luck.  And I didn't see any of those critters on this outing.  Maybe today will be different as I intend to head over there in a little bit.


After watching that show on the Nat Geo channel about losing the grid across the country, I am more and more aware of the wires and stuff that criss cross our land.  Here pole 139 provides a short study in minimalism in photography.  And finally, no blog worth it's salt can be completed with the requisite dead tree photo.


Happy Birthday E, and the rest of you have a wonderful week. 

 I do so look forward to January next week!









No comments:

Post a Comment