Thursday, January 2, 2014

2 Jan 2014

A YEAR IN REVIEW AND A NEW VIEW!

Yep, a couple of trite comments regarding the passage of one year and the beginning of another.  I have been neglectful dear blog and resolve to be more faithful to you in this next 365 some days.

Last year was good for me business wise with a large increase in sales on my favorite site, and I can only hope, plan and promote another increase for the upcoming year.  So hang onto your hats kiddies, the roller coaster is at the top of the hill!

Health wise I had no major complaints in Thirteen.  Feet hit the floor most mornings giving me the opportunity the thank the Lord for his grace in saving this old curmudgeon.  Didn't loose too many teeth, need a new prescription for my glasses and the old heart seems to keep pumping. 

Renewed some old friendships with a few high school buds and actually did a rather successful show at the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse is October with minimal fuss and muss.


And so the sun has set on another year and we all actually survived it.


But 2014 should hold all sorts of new adventures and photographs.  The bucket list is growing and as long as you people keep buying from the site, maybe we'll actually get to do some of them.

I will be concentrating on and around the state of South Carolina.  I know you thought I was going to say the state of confusion.  But I only go there sporadically.  Although these old brain waves do seem to bend in weird directions  from time to time.  But the photographic emphasis will be closer to home with only one NJ trip planned for October.  So far!!!

I will increase the number of new photos this year and promise (only half heartedly) to continue my sage appearance on this blog.  Frankly, my appreciation has grown in the last four years of writing this thing for those who must, because it's their job, write a column every day.  It ain't easy Jack!

I will continue and expand the effort to market my art.  Yeah, it's an art and always has been.  If you want to argue about it, give it your best shot in the comments section.  I closed the year with almost two thousand images for sale on the website and intend to double that in the coming year.  And I still have some slides that need to be scanned, so that number will increase.  And of course there is always new stuff.  Well that's the business plan!   And for you corporate types toiling in the cube farms, I know it's not a business plan but I understand it.  And so do my four employees....Missy, McGee, Duce and Hooty.

Let the 2014 games begin with a new dawning!



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to 2014 Skip may all of us stay safe and well and I hope we run into each other again-maybe in Myrtle??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little late in getting back to you. Sorry, but have a wonderful 2014.
    Skip

    ReplyDelete