Thursday, January 9, 2014

9 Jan 14

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

New posts to the site in the last three days, why don't you take a look?

  I have passed one objective and only nine days late.  There are now over two thousand images listed for sale on my Fine Art America site.  2023 to be exact.  The next objective is to double that by year end.

  I did make the year end objectives of 350,000 visitors to the site and for that I am grateful to all who have taken the time to do so.

  I have a new twitter program where I can automatically post listings there, but I still will re-tweet under my own power because I want to control the quality of those I mention.  And of course I still drive my FB friend nuts with my listings, but they are all great and I think enjoy the posts I make there.  Finally, I am always looking for additional ways to promote my stuff (aka art).


Above is an image of the Pemaquid Point Lighthouse complex.  Nice photo, but more importantly to me is the type of processing used to create a different, but subtle, print.  The color in the photo was muted somewhat and a slight degree of sepia toning was added to age or make the appearance of age to the image.  I like the work and we'll see if people like this approach or the original.


But I will bet that the Sepia toned print will do better than the other two combined.


The above print will appeal to those who want an old photo look to a subject matter which in itself is American history.  Furthermore, the sepia is simply different than the other two.  A little more cutting edge in that most people don't want to hang something "Run of the mill".  I think the sepia fills that need to be different in presenting a traditional image.  The Sepia is different, cutting edge, great in groupings and pertinent with regard to history.  My belief in the Sepia is confirm to an extent in that of the twenty pieces sold in December, five were sepia toning.

So an old process and presentation used today in modern taste!

Who knew?






No comments:

Post a Comment