Friday, October 23, 2009

The 23rd day of the tenth month of the year of the OP







'Au revoir Miss Siagon!

As most of my more intelligent and informed readers are aware, I travel to New Hampshire each spring fishing with a bunch of cronies who have been doing this for close to 40 years.
If your not aware of that or don't fit into one of the two categories above.....you need to follow me more closely!

My friend from Hilton Head has for years carried his boat from HH to Wolfboro, NH (2131 miles) and used it as his personal fishing craft. The images here show the last voyage, 2008, of "Miss Siagon".

She is an antique and for sale.

You cannot pass on this investment opportunity! Well, you can but I can't keep my used car salesman attitude hidden for that long!

1. 3136 Ducker’s were produced
2. Built from 1947-1969
3. This one is serial number D2427 was built in 1957
4. Ducker D2427 was built by the Alumacraft Corp. in Minneapolis, MN.

She is for sale and any offer over $4000 will greedily be accepted. You also have to pay shipping and of course I have other pertinent photos of said boat.
She originally was built as a boat used to hunt waterfowl. Two hunters would venture forth in this thing and because of it's low profile was a pretty good hunting tool. Trust me....two people is crowded. And.....the recoil from one shotgun alone would move the boat three feet on a calm day!

Perhaps there will be more interesting stories in one of my upcoming books about this craft and the lunatics who make that trip. Needless to say she is a pretty cool boat that is associated with allot of really nice memories.









No comments:

Post a Comment