Sunday, October 4, 2009

The fourth day of the tenth month of the year of the OP











Having migrated from Jersey by way of Maryland's Eastern Shore to sunny South Carolina, I guess that I have come out from "Under the Boardwalk" only to climb "Old Rocky Top"!

Yesterday was spent serving my community in one of the three money raising booths at a blue grass festival. My first one..........blue grass that is.

Our "Avenues Assoc." booth sold sodas and popcorn. The Cayce Ladies Club sold hot dogs and chili. And the Cert group was there to draw attention to emergency planning and community volunteers.

We do get busy!

Our little town puts on this "Congaree Blue Grass Festival" and it is really a fun event for all the family.

First it was free!

Second, they don't serve any adult beverages!

And thirdly, the whole family can find something to do.

Most food venues sold out by dinner time and the music went on till about 8:00 PM. The music was good, kept toes tapping regardless of your taste, and I might even have seen a Texas two step or three.

Our group of friends worked hard, enjoyed each other's company, made a little money, and got some name recognition for our organizations.

I made some images but none where the names had to be changed to protect the innocent.

2 comments:

  1. This was certainly a good time. Are you going to have more of the photos available to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aubrey,
    I do have some others, but need to take another look at them. I was not as prolific this time as usual. You're right it was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete