Friday, October 30, 2009

The 30th day of the tenth month of the year of the OP




THE "GIGGLERS OF LEXINGTON"




On this the eve of "All Saints Eve" I did not see any of the "Little people of the Kudzu" whilst walking on the Riverwalk today. But rather did occasion upon the aforementioned "Gigglers of Lexington".

These pleasant people are nothing like the Little Kudzu People in that the were actually handing out candy to fellow walkers. And if you have been following me (And most intelligent people do), you already know that the Kudzu People steal little children's candy.

As you can see in the top photo, they were also handing out "Brown-E's". Laughing and giggling all the while. Now, this is a way to make an already beautiful day even more lovely. Strangers actually talking and laughing with other people. What's the world coming to.

I am always amazed at the number of people who go through life staring at that six inch area just in front of their own feet. Just plugged into their iPod world and without a clue.
These ladies knew how to make their own day just a little better and in turn helped allot of other folks to enjoy their day.

Thank you "Gigglers" for the Brown-E and the good humor.

The bottom photo is of another friend I made on the walk to day. This is Molly who has owned a nice young couple for the past two and half weeks. She is an English Pointer, and one of the few that I have seen in the past hundred years. We used to own one when I was growing up and we kenneled and trained her in Delaware. We would travel from New Jersey (My dad and I) and hunt quail over her. She had one of the best noses in the world, could smell game from across a field, and stand on the classic hunting dog points. My Dad and that dog taught me all there is to know about hunting etiquette and sportsmanship in the field. Bless them both.
Memories come from the strangest places.

No comments:

Post a Comment