Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another 11Th day of the 10Th month of the year of the OP


I"m Baaaaaaaaack!

Started to walk again on the Riverwalk yesterday when I did about a mile and half. Felt good and today did about three miles.

First time since about last May that I have been down there. I guess that they're right...............What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.
At least I hope!

Probably overdoing it, but wanted to see some of the old spots that I like down there.
I am not power walker.

Slouth-like might be a more accurate description.

Or maybe a stalker.....looking for things of interest and to photograph (no not the ladies).

What I lack in speed and cardio exercise or build up, I make up for in distance. At least that's my take on the whole thing.

Saw only a few of my old friends because it was a weekend. That means I had more time to walk, and not obligatory chat time . The serious walkers have other things to do on Saturday and Sunday.

The weekend jog, walk, run, skip, crowd was out and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I guess they figure that if they exercise only on weekends, the Monday through Friday desk work won't hurt em.
Did see a couple of fishermen on the river but no finny friends came to the hook and line. A couple of guys were releasing a possum that they had live trapped somewhere. I guess they had enough for dinner and this one seemed a little small. Although, it would probably have been fairly tender............Yuuuuuuuuuuck! Like the man said, "Never had it and don't want it again"!

I saw nothing of photographic impact but that too will change over time and I still think that this five mile stretch of walkway is one of the best ways to spend tax dollars. But then I am biased in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment