Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The 23rd day of the sixth month of the year of the Camellia

YOU KNOW YOU'RE GETTING OLDER WHEN............

I did my almost three miles on the Riverwalk this morning and it was a balmy 92 when I got back just before nine.  Not many photo ops this morning as it was kinda hot and most critters had found their way back to their dens.

Of course we humans were not smart enough for that and just slogged on through our appointed rounds.....sweating and hearts pounding.  One old fellow, now remember I am old, had to stop and re-hydrate.

  I knew he was old cause he was drinking out of a WWI or WWII canteen.

I must admit that the walk is pretty when done early in the morning.  It seems the good lord wanted to make sure that we all stop to read the signs along the way.



Oh, and you also know you're getting older when a mile and half out your have this overwhelming need for a bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment