Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The 20th day of the 10th month of the year of the Camellia

Another reason to live closer to your Grand Kids

Yesterday we went to the South Carolina State Fair.



Good eats.  Well Ruth's Chris it Ain't.



I am convinced that people are basically Adrenalin junkies.  Why else would someone do these things to their equilibrium.


This thing carried the chairs up some hundred feet in the air before it stated to turn at a faster and faster pace.  OK I am an old "Fuddy duddy", but if the good Lord meant for "Me" to do that he would have made me an astronaut! Or given me feathers! And speaking of feathers, state fairs still do have farm animals on display.  This, a golden pheasant.



They allowed the State Police to set up a booth just outside of the farm buildings.  Wise guy that I am, I commented to them that they were certainly stuck way back in a corner.  To which they remarked that at least they were outside of the barns.  My retort was that they also smelled better than inside. 

Yes kids, your grandfather did go on some of the rides.  You know the daring old man that I am.  "The Man, The Myth, The Legend."


Sorry, you can't see me but I was huddled on the floor in a fetal position with my eyes closed.  Actually got some decent photographs from that thing.  Thankfully it went slow enough that my stomach did not become part of my frontal lobe.  This is the football stadium where the South Carolina Game Cocks play football.



No, you would not see me on that ride.  Unless of course my grand daughter, Emily, would have gone with me.  That's the only way other than "No Way!"



Of course Sheri was there to make sure I didn't escape from the rides we did take.



And we finished the afternoon on an appropriate note





No comments:

Post a Comment