Monday, October 4, 2010

The fourth day of the third to last month of the year of the Camellia

FROM BLUE GRASS TO THE TARANTELLA

From the title you can tell I had a rather diverse weekend.  We started out attending the "Congaree Blue Grass Festival", and as workers in our little community association tent.  Sold cowboy hats, bandanas, house signs and tried to get some hapless neighbors to join the group.   I was a good time and we actually did accomplish something worthwhile.

Here are some of the movers and shakers who helped to put this event together.




Our tent looked very professional and thank the Lord we were down wind of those folk burning hamburgers all day.


And of course my favorite local policemen were there, hiding from real work!  Ooooops, sorry John and Mike.  Just kidding



I figure these two guys to be my get out of jail free card, If I am ever arrested, that is!  But probably not if I keep talking about them this way.

The music was good.  They had everything from deep in the gulley, West Virginia mountain soul sounds to I am gona save your soul blue grass.  Actually, I do enjoy this type of country music.  Got to love a Banjo.  It's sort of like rubbing your belly with one hand while tapping the top of your head with the other.  Takes a whole lot of talent!




Then in the afternoon we went to the Italian Festival.  Featuring "U breaka the egg wid a bocce ball"



This will give you the idea of the setting!



And of course the Tarantella!




Then we finished the weekend off with one of God's gifts to all, whether we earned it or not!
The Lord's gift at Lake Murray Sunday night!



1 comment: