Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The 27th day of the tenth month of the year of the Camellia

Trains of Thought!

Yesterday was foggy and got into the high eighties.  Was on the River Walk early but again with terrible lighting.  My new friend the otter never showed. 


It was sorta like being stood up on a date.....little disappointed, but then it's in somebody else's hands.

  I think that I was only stood up for a date once in my life.  Somewhere back in college when either I was too stupid or conceited to be offended.  Lord, there was a reason back then, when I just wished that I would live to be the ripe old age of forty.  Just don't know how I did it.  Fraternity parties, unknown liaisons, and all that sort of good stuff.  Yeah, I flunked out after sophomore year.  Sold sewing machines and vacume cleaners door to door for the Singer company for a year until I could convince the college to mend their ways and let me back in.

Then there was the story that I destroyed about $4000 worth of carpeting because the demo vacume cleaner belt burnt stripes into the nice new white carpet. 

Believe me kids, you don't want to take that kind of route.

You ever get the feeling that you got through life with smoke and mirrors?  I think I was trained for that in the fraternity. 

 Pledging and all that good stuff....Hell Week! 

Ever play ice hockey in your skivvies?  Different kind of hockey.  You rode a block of ice all around the game room until it melted.  Yup, in your shorts.  Then we had to clean it up.  Couldn't date for two weeks. 

The the "House" bought a pet.  A great dane as I recall.  We pledges had to follow the mutt around with a shovel.  Heck if we had bought a poodle, we could've used a spoon!

I will say that it took me eight years to get two degrees, so maybe I done somethin gud.

No comments:

Post a Comment