Friday, October 8, 2010

The 8th day of the 10th month of the year of the Camellia

WALKED THE RIVER WALK YESTERDAY!

Got a couple of shots which might make the cut. 


There seem to be many more geese on the river than last year.  I dare say even more than I have seen in the past five years.  Does that mean a harsher winter up north this year?  Critters are so much smarter in these things than we.  I have not taken a look at the "Farmer's Almanac" yet, so who knows.



I have so many images of great blue herons, so I decided to use this reflection of one that was intent on feeding.  The only time one can get close enough to these guys is if they have some hapless minnows they are looking at as breakfast.


Red Spider Lilly

A dab of color in what reminds me of "Rock, Paper, Scissors", although I have no idea why.  Could be the softness of the "Lycoris Radiata" positioned next to the harshness of solid rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment