Friday, October 1, 2010

The first day of the tenth month of the year of the Camellia


THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!

Did my three miles this morning.  Electric went off sometime during the night, but I didn't hear a storm.  Must have been some more rain and a little wind though.

The Beauty



And the beast!


I guess this answers the question regarding what I slept through last night or early this morning.  This was a hundred year old Oak tree on a neighbor's yard a block away from us.  We have had a lot of rain, but nowhere near what some others have had.  Certainly nowhere near what they had in North Carolina or the North East, but the moisture was enough for this old titan to pull up roots, split, block the street, and make a not too nice dent in the home owner's roof.  A couple of transformers blew and a real mess was created when it became obvious that it's not nice to make mother nature mad.

I would have been much happier if the tree had been one of the huge pine trees we have around here, and not an old majestic hardwood.  But I guess it's time for us all to have some serious tree pruning done in order to forestall such another such occurrence.  Too bad for the homeowner, I know it's going to cost them one way or another.  Too bad for the old tree.

I much prefer a kinder, gentler mother nature as witnessed in the two other images I made this morning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment