Thursday, March 3, 2011

The third of the third of Emergence

Well, I have been dutifully and metaphorically slapped awake by my daughter. My lethargic blog entries will now be a thing of the past.  At least, until the next episode of writers block, aka laziness hits.

I spent Monday and Tuesday in DC.  Tuesday morning I walked what felt like six miles taking random photographs and getting some requisite shots which I had not here-to-fore made to my own liking.  The first is of the White House.  I am not sure at this point whether the fence is there to keep the inmates in or the public out.  Your call, but it is a shame that the beautiful old house cannot be seen in a more pleasant setting.  All the fencing and barricades speak so badly to our times and not so well of people in general.  Sure doesn't look or feel like the "Peoples House".



It was downright cold at seven in the morning, and like a fool I wasn't dressed right for low forties or high thirties.  Speaking of dressing it is apparent when one looks around the hotels that black suits and white shirts are the fashion for men.  Black suits for women as well.  Sure hope they weren't all in mourning for the country, but that maybe a rant best left for a different time.  Made me want to get my jeans and boots on and stomp through the lobbies saying this is what an American really looks like. I did get to walk around the Washington Memorial (again) and boy that site is huge.  Especially when you have to get back to the bathrooms at the hotel quickly.  I did make a somewhat interesting shot of a Mourning Dove, cherry tree, and the monument.  Don't know whether that speaks of something important or not.



I finally walked down, or is it up to the Capitol and made an image or three which I liked to a certain degree.  Again, If you never have been to these places early in the morning when the rest of the world is off begging for hand outs-----you should go.  These places, buildings and monuments are simply huge.  Physically huge at least.  The current inhabitants might be something else but the buildings are spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment