Wednesday, September 19, 2012

9 19 12

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!
 
 
I made this picture some years ago.  This is Annapolis, Maryland and the Naval Academy is center upper half. 
 
My partner and I decided to get a friend to fly us all around the Chesapeake Bay to take pictures of the Bay, The Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and Annapolis.  Particularly the State House.  We made about four circles around the State House snapping away...low and slow.  I might also add that because the wing of the plane was below the cockpit, we had to fly at on a ninety degree angle to the ground ...
 
 around in circles..
 
My partner was in the rear of the plane and I in the copilots seat....might as well have bee India for all I knew about airplanes.
 
At any rate after the fourth circle I said...."If you don't get this thing flying level, flying in a straight line, I will throw up all over the dials in front of me!"  It's a wonder he didn't break a wing off  the thing coming out of that flight pattern. 
 
He asked if I wanted to fly the plane....often it's easier when you drive.  I told him I could also empty a church when I sang a hymn, so flying the plane probably wouldn't be advisable either.
 
Long story short.  We got all our pics.  I wasn't sick, but wasn't right all the rest of the day either.  Haven't been right since, some would say, but that's just probably an impartial observation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment