Thursday, September 13, 2012

The 13th of the 9th

Neglectful of the blog I have been.  Call it writers block, body aches, migraines, or just plain laziness..........I've had it all and apologize for not writing sooner.  I know your all just at your wits end looking for my wit and absolutely accurate observations about everything and nothing!
 
Sad, but when one doesn't feel particularly well.....Wit is hard to grasp, and you know it's really bad that sarcasm is illusive.  But enough of my self deprecating feeling sorry for myself.  I come to you today as if "Bowing to a Saudi Prince".
 
  Just a shame that you my loyal readers have to go to somewhere else for entertainment.  Like MSNBC for instance or some other news station that hopes to take mushy brains for a walk down the path of one sided journalism.  Oh well!
 
Rather than ramble, I have been converting some of my photos to black and white and sepia toned photos in an attempt to capture at least a part of that elusive "Niche" market of purists who just love to say  "See I am sensitive to the old tyme art stuff"!  Please note I didn't say that in any condescending or disrespectful manner.
 
 
This is an image I made before the lighthouse at Jupiter Inlet in Florida was repainted.  This conversion does one important thing...I don't have to go back and photograph it again because the color of the thing has been changed.  And that saves a huge amount of money.  Timeless photography supplied by your friendly PhotoShop software.  Press a button and you have 794,000 designer shades of brown.  Actually, I think that it is pretty cool.
 
 
The above is a sunset at a marina on "Gratitude" in Rock Hall, Maryland.  A place where I spent summers during my formative teenage years.  Probably kept me from being arrested in some larger city.  The color rendition is nice but also is impressive in black and white.  Both of these will be posted on FAA in a day or so.
 
The weather here is Shangra La south has been just delightful.  Fall for the south means we only get up to the lower nineties during the days and in the sixties at night.  It has, I must admit been a good summer in as much as we did not spend too many days in the 100's.  Man am I scraping up something to write....weather? 
 
 I guess it's better than regurgitating all the "New" stuff I learned at the two political conventions.  Did I mention that I am a political junky of sorts.  My mother was probably right, I should have become a lawyer, then I could have been elected to office in Washington and become rich. Talk about getting arrested!  I am warning you all however, there is a political rant coming.  I just need to ratshit up my anger level up a little more and we'll be there.  OH, did I misspell something there...er, sorry.
 
I have just been told that the dogs are in fine fettle this morning and that it really is past feeding time and I need a refill on the Pike Place Roast.  So it's chore time...see ya all on the flip side.
 
 
 
 

2 comments: