Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 13 12

Who knew?
 
I could probably crop this somehow to eliminate some of the clutter.........Nah! 
 
 
I walk by this table a couple hundred thousands times a day, but never saw it.  I sit at the thing a couple of times a day to eat a meal, but never see it.  I vacuum around it at least twice a week [we have two dogs you know], but never see it and probably cuss the chairs when they're in the way. 
 
Then one day I had the door open [back left] and the sun was setting....you know that golden hour business that we photographers love and brag about.   
 
The idea is to get a low sun casting shadows and emitting a yellow to red tone to things.  Some call it "Painting with light".  I mostly call it lucky, or good planning and luck!  I admit that one can get some pretty dramatic images during the first and last light of the day.  Things do look different.  Prettier perhaps.  More colorful perhaps.  More mystery or intrigue. So what is it the makes us stop and open our eyes.  Like being hit between the eyes with a 2x4!
 
Simply put ........... it is the eternal war between lightness and dark.  Shadow and Bright.  Innocence and depravity.  Good and Evil.  God, is that Edgar Allen talk?  [For those of you with a public school education, I am of course referring to Poe ].
 
  Nah!
 
  Just takes time for stuff to penetrate.  Of course I am only speaking for myself.
 
  The only difference between beauty and the mundane is the light!
 
  Deep huh? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment