Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12 4 12

Sedentary old fool!
 
At least that is what I feel I have become. 
 
 So I have taken up my walking stick and revisited the Riverwalk and other environs.  You'll remember the walking stick [or perhaps not], it has about a pound of lead embedded in one end of a five foot stick and an two inch spike in the other.  The creation of same was spawned from an encounter with a German Shepard and his stupid master.  Dog attacked me while the owner stood by saying....."He's never done that before", and meanwhile the dog is literally at my throat.  Now, not only do I beat the crap out of the dog but shove the stick where the sun don't shine on the owner.  OK, that was off subject but refers back to the old fool part of sedentary.
 
It was foggy on Monday and you know I cannot resist a foggy day.  Sorta like the flasher who can't be seen until it's too late.  Sneaking around, in my case, and taking pictures.  I can't stand the laughter incurred in the other thing.
 
My first image does have some phallic, albeit hairy, representation to it.
 
 
How the heck did I get on that subject anyway.  Falls into the category of the old fool part I guess.  I did walk a couple of miles and it felt good.  Now I won't get my svelte athletic figure of late high school days back, but I have a stress test in February and I don't want to fall off the tread mill [again]!
 
The thing we call "The Riverwalk" is a five mile [ish] stretch of paved walkway along the edge of the Congaree River between Columbia, SC and Cayce, where I live.  This is probably one of the minuscule examples of how government actually spends tax dollars well.  It's either that or somebody donated a barrel full of money to put this thing up.  The physical walk does give some separation of people from crawly critters like gators, copperheads, moccasins and timber rattlers.  The only one I have not seen are the rattlesnakes.  Now their the easy things to avoid, then you have the homeless and thugs looking to steal their way into hell.  For them , I do have a concealed carry permit.  Don't ask if I do----cause if you have to ask it may be too late.  And then there is the all-purpose stick.
 
 
After all that "Rambo" talk, I show my softer side in this image of lace and rock.  The bend in the tree is what attracted me in the first place.  Sensitive huh?  If I were up north, I could say the fog helped to hid the bodies floating down stream, but down here it's just the normal pollution of chemical and human waste that gets into the water.  Hey, I am not a greeny, but come on people just don't throw stuff in the waterways.  It'll go a long way in making the place we live in nicer.
 
 
Just so you know........just because there is fog......there is still color.  Double click on the image and you will get a better resolution.  The river flow is left to right.  The rock formations in the river are left to right.  Hey, the plants are left to right.  Why should I have to point all that out to ya?

Oh, and BTW there is still time to get your Christmas shopping done at that unbelievably fine website of mine.  Just click on the highlighted words in the text, arrange for a second mortgage, and have at it.  See isn't that slick?   My Paypal account would be just tickled if you do.
 
 Time to think about where I will walk today.  I hear the garbage men outside picking up the weeks leavings...maybe I'll just amble out and follow them for a block or two.  Or until they ask me what I think I am doing!  Maybe I'll see that pretty lady at the end of the block doing her walk.  God, I hope not...........I'd have to suck my stomach in and hold it for at least a half block.  Not sure I can do that!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos, Skip. I wish I had someplace as interesting and close by to walk. We have an incredible river/lagoon but no walkways that I am aware of. US 1 cuts too close to the river.

    ReplyDelete