Friday, January 9, 2009

The ninth day of the year of the owl pellet




I have been spending time working on the website, adding new images, products, and attending to general organizational duties. Getting ready for the upcoming end of the recession after the new president is issued into office. I am sure that the media will find that the economy will amazingly get progressively better under the new and liberated guidance of our one-sided government. And that should come sooner rather than later, so I am preparing to take part in the vast opportunities presented to us by our esteemed leaders. I won't tell you which stocks I am buying but needless to say that one makes bandaids and the other starts with an F and makes SUV'S. But alas I am not a stock analyst! OK! enough tongue in cheek.

After spending over fifty years in Maryland and not seeing but one Baltimore Oriole, I have discovered that they like South Carolina better. I did trap one female into camera range over the last two days. She (as well as he) seem to like to feed on the flowers on our Camilia bushes. Seems to me it is analogous to a vegetarian having a steak for dinner, but what do I know? Enjoy the photo because they are amazing colorful.

It is my intent to put some entries in here on almost a daily basis, so keep posted but remember I always tell the truth or at least as close as I can get to it---so it maybe not every day.

Creek's up!! My walk on the River Walk today revealed that the river rose over 20 feet in the last two days. We have had showers for the last three days off and on, but no big deal. Upstate has had alot of rain and that's where it comes from. Thank goodness because they need it. It always amazes me the amount of change in water levels that can occur in a short period of time. Most of the "Flood" pictures on TV just don't bring it home. And I feel very sorry for those who must endure those big floods, unless of course they persist in living in the middle of a flood plain which infact floods every year. The two photos will give you an idea of the extent of the rise in the creek! The pictures were taken from both ends of ancient lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment