Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday 13 of September 2013

Friday the 13th!

Bah Humbug!

What did the man say, "If I didn't have any bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"? 

 Think I'll just holster up and go look for the neighbor's black cat. 



 Of course I have to walk under the ladder I left standing against the house

Which reminds me, I did finish laundering the house this week.  Might have one or two more windows to wash, but the big job is done and it looks just fine thank you!

 Now if I can just get that darn raven off the corner of the roof.

I think you can tell that I don't really believe in all those superstitions at all.  Or maybe a little false bravado will just ward off all of the bad luck.  Not to mention the zombies that live next door.

And then there is Murphy.  You know that rank amateur who said the "Whatever can go wrong will"!

Well, my law is that Murphy was an optimist!

Life is really something, if all that stuff really works.  Guess I just better trap that cat, round up some pumpkins and corn stalks and start to decorate for all the Halloweenees that come around.  I mean who rents a bus to take their kids and friends out to scrounge candy from benevolent old people who have decorated their place worse than they do at Christmas?



"Hide the candy Maude!  Here comes the first and second church of remembrance, devotion and redeemers bus"!

Wasn't that last kid a little old?......I mean he asked for a refill on his drink and ignored the candy before he staggered off to the next victim.

OK, I am a little rough on some of our traditions.  But a lot of it is just plain silly.  Take all that candy and decorations ---- turn them into food and give it to the real poor and needy folks!

Then you're celebrating Jack!

If you don't hear from me for a week or two, you'll know that Murphy was right.  Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment