Wednesday, September 4, 2013

4 SEPTEMBER 2013


Again I have been neglectful of the blog and for that I apologize.  I promise to do better in the coming weeks.  The last big weekend found us out on Lake Murray for a ride in a cousin's new boat.  Fun time, decent weather despite a shower or two that we managed to miss.  A good thing that.  The one above I have rendered in black and white just to show that the contrasts of the weather are sometimes rather sharp.  

I did get some good cloud photos that I can use in creating some of the scenic and lighthouse images on the website.


Being out on the water again enabled me to find the sky!  Living in an urban surrounding does not lend to finding expanses of sky and makes it kinda tough the get images like above.  Just too many telephone wires, buildings, trees and houses for good distant scenics.  I do miss that being here in Shangra La south!  But we make lemonade with what we have.

There are additions to the Fine Art America galleries and I hope you have been checking them out.  I still have some Chesapeake Bay images to scan but have finished scanning the general and lighthouse files.  Now it's time for editing.  I may get done by June, but I am not telling you which year!  My goal, other than posting new work, is to digitize all of my decent images under one spot where they are retrievable at a moment's notice.  Yeah, I know I should have been doing that all along.  Put that into the spilt milk file!

Fall cleaning has also overtaken me here at the house and we have about half of the windows, shades and woodwork washed.  Fixin to get ready to wash the entire outside of the house next.  The garden has been deep sixed for another year and proved to be a complete bust this year.  I really have too much shade to grow a good vegetable garden and we will be moving it around next year.  Or maybe not! Alternative is just going to the farmers market once a week.  The old farmer in me seems to have taken a dirt nap! 





No comments:

Post a Comment