Monday, September 30, 2013

30 SEPT 13

Home again, home again! Jigity Jig

A.) I have survived the fifty five years after High School Graduation and 2.) the fifty fifth gathering of the students of the same.  The HS reunion was held in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey where the Westfield High School class of 1958 celebrated each other.  

I had fun!

  And apparently so did the rest.  It was truly fun getting to renew with  some new old folks and hanging with some very old friends.  It is just amazing the love generated by people who when in high school would not even talk to each other.  But now we're survivors and let the love roll.  Yes, I took a couple of photos but I won't embarrass anyone.

One really cogent comment was made by a life long friend, Tom Davies, on Saturday morning as we walked the boardwalk for our exercise.

  "For the first time in thirty years, I have absolutely nothing to do"! Says he.



"What are we going to do?" Says he.

Perplexing,  as I had no idea other than to do the walk and eat breakfast.

  Then who knows!

The amazing thing was, we just hung out and talked to folks, relaxed, and didn't even take a nap!

No to do list!


Chatted with Rico and his wife.  Carol and Jim.  Tom held court in the baseball hat.


And the hot girls beached it.

Others did the same in small groups all over town.

It was the invasion of the "Seasoned" people!

As you can see the weather was superior, but I don't think  anyone made it into the ocean.  Maybe, but don't think so.

Fellow HS athlete, friend and all around good guy gave everyone a four CD package of "The Tunes of our Time".  A collection of all the songs we listened to, danced to and made out to.  One hundred fourteen songs of the mid to late 1950's.  What a job he did!  What a thoughtful gift of his time and talent! 

Like I said, all around good guy!

I would be remiss without making note of all those who were instrumental in putting the party together.  So Thanks David, Carol and Drude.....and anyone I miss due to my own ignorance.  
 Ya-all done good!

I was great seeing Anita, a blog buddy.  John and his camera.  Michael, Tom, Dave, Pinky, David, Steve, Carol, Meg, Karyl, Lynn, Pam and a ton of others ...... you guys are the best!  I know I have left some out and for that I apologize but the memory button is a little rusty after 73 years. 

 You all rejuvenate me!

I got to talk with my friend Pam and even stop in at Hereford Inlet lighthouse on our way to the ferry across the Delaware Bay when it was all over on Monday.

There will be some new images posted to the website in the coming days as the party kicked off a week of free wheeling photography that included NJ, DE, MD and PA.  

I did get some interesting images, but the most important one is of all my old friends "Just hanging"!






2 comments:

  1. Love it Skip!!Loved seeing you and yes it was a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you captured the feelings of the reunion perfectly. It WAS great to see you and talk to you without a computer in between. And seeing everyone else, especially Words friends. Can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete