Saturday, May 12, 2012

the 12th of the fifth

BEATIN THE DRUM
I can't remember exactly how my old college drinking song went.  Something about "I been standing on this corner......beating this drum......Salvation Army, salvation army".  That's the way it started any way.  See I did learn something from those eight years.


Well, I have been beating the drum on Fine Art America, Face Book, Twitter and here for about a year now and thought it time to report in.

The statistic aren't fabulous but the best I have been able to create on the web in a lot of years messing around with photographic art sales. 

In the past year we have had 13,136 visits to this blog to read the drivel I put out and look at some of my photographs.  That is rewarding and I hope that this blog has taken the place of such entertainment sources as NBC, CBS and ABC news.  It is fun to write but a bit of a chore when I have nothing to say, like today.

The Fine Art America site is even more of a surprise  to me.  I have had almost 30,000 visitors to look at my art work.  Five hundred and eighty four lost souls have actually taken the time to write comments about my work.  And sales have been more than I ever expected when I joined.  I credit that to people having more money than brains.  At least in my case. 

Some of you are doubtless annoyed by my Facebook and Twitter activity.  But it drives business to the site and I make a sale, on average, for every 700 hits or visits to my stuff on FAA

 I have been in sales all my life and have found that it is a numbers game based good service and an outstanding product that fulfills the needs of the victims....err customers. 

If you are just getting into sales or marketing, just graduating from college, or even pedaling burgers at Mickey Dee's......the preceding sentence is all you need to know about being a success in sales. 

 I believe that the people at FAA supply good product based on the artist's work.  After all there are almost 100,000 artists on that site.  Somebody's judgement must be right!  I don't know how many visitors each day, but it has to be in the millions world wide.  If you're an artist and want to participate I think there is a tab on the upper right of this page which will get you over there to join.  It's easy to get started but work to keep it promoted. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll come up with something a little more sage for this spot, but for the mean time have a great week end.  My sock draw needs attention!








No comments:

Post a Comment