Thursday, May 24, 2012

The 24th of the 5th

A Backyard Update

Just thought I would update on the jungle and the Obama Apocalypse Garden.

With a long weekend coming up, there will be fence work and expansion of the patio.  The patio is growing and will likely expand until the money runs out or I die of exhaustion whichever comes first.


It does look nice, but will probably double in size.  The process is designed to provide us space to enjoy where we don't have to constantly step in "Dog Bombs".

   I actually suggested doing the whole *^*&^* yard.

The OA garden is mostly green.  We have had a few green beans and some onion but still too early for some of the other stuff like tomatoes and spuds.  Spinach just won't grow.  The wildflower border seems to be working and I have not had to spray anything for bugs.....strange!


The pole beans are doing what they are good at doing.  Climbing! 


I have to admit that the screens I have put in for the tomatoes and pole beans are doing very well.  These are the screens I used for years to take to shows and hang photographs.  Times do change!

I do think that I made more money selling the photographs than I have saved in vegetable costs.


 These beans are about six inches long and they look like they might grow to at least a foot.  Let's see, that's about three beans per meal.  Maybe I will save some money.

Tomorrow we'll tackle the old sock drawer!


No comments:

Post a Comment