Saturday, January 19, 2013

1 19 13

BREAKFAST
 
 
 
Just finished it and am sitting back, chewing ma cud, with my second cup of Pikes Place and thinking that it can't get much better than this.  Of course you could go to the site and buy something and that would help, but all the same life is pretty good.  It's cooler this morning and a small fire in the fireplace just seems appropriate.
 
As you, my astute and knowledgeable readers know, I started a new Gallery yesterday consisting of  digital images of old or antique lighthouse postcards.  There are some of the same lights in my Lighthouse Gallery to match those antiques I will be posting.  So have fun with that and take a look at what one of your favorite lighthouses looked over fifty or a hundred years ago.
 
I will be soon switching my favorite coffee out for some tea this afternoon.  We, Sheri and I, will be attending something called "Rocket Man" tonight at the Kroger Center for the Arts here in town.  It is a Tokyo Joe Production for the benefit for a children's shelter.  It's a tribute to Sir Elton John.  So presumably we will be "Rocking" along with 1200 of our newest and closest friends.  Gotta drink a lotta tea!!  Also have to leave enough time to go out and get my ear pierced, just so I feel appropriately dressed.  Sigh!
 
Then tomorrow we will take off for a day and half to see "The Biltmore" property in Asheville, North Carolina.  Only wish we would have time to go into the Smokies from there, but probably not.
 
I can pretty much guarantee that I will be taking a photo or five during our little escapades.  I would have loved to have my three grand daughters with us at the Biltmore....it is a castle you know and just the thing little and big princesses would love.  Of course being kids, they wouldn't tell you that they loved it till 25 years later when you're on your deathbed.  "Hey Grand dad....do you remember".  As I'm sitting in my rocker just a slurpin and droolin.  At that point I don't remember.  Who is that kid anyway?  All that is probably coming sooner than I care for.
 
Oh, and btw....all of my FB friends who are retired English teachers or just self appointed gramaritists (? I know it's not a word), a lot of this drivel is gramatically incorrect.  But I don't give a Bulldog's Butt. And without spell check, it would be even better.   It's my blog so suffer...I think you will get the drift about that which I speak.  Enjoy it and if you want to be critical...go ahead, I always need a good laff!  Love you all and keep the light on for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment