Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1 30 13

ISLAND IN THE SKY
 
January 30, 2013, 8:10 am, and it's 67 degrees here south of the sun.  Going to 80 most likely, but we're supposed to get some storms.  The big lake just froze and we're at spring time temperatures.  Go figure.
 
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.  As I season, I can tolerate cold weather less and less.  I always wondered how stupid my mother was in her later years...wearing sweaters and stuff in the middle of summer.  Now I know.  The blood thins and there is less alcohol in it and you get cold when the normal world is wandering around in shorts and wife beaters.  Why the H do they call them wife beaters anyway.  If anybody knows please write in and let me know.  I am always looking to further my education.
 
Yesterday, we had a chance to go up to Newbury to look at a  piece of property Sheri's cousin wants to clear and build upon.  It got up to the low seventies and my major worry was wandering into a sunning copperhead or rattler or moccasin along the lake's edge.  I don't worry about a snake I can see...it's the one's I can't see that give me chills.  Phobia's are strange.  But I really don't want to have to undergo shots of anti-venom, wired up in some emergency room.
 
Anyway, not snakes to report.  The dog got wet and smelled all the way home.  We talked to the guy who will be bush-hogging the place.  There's another word whose source would prove interesting.  Bush-hog?
 
I do understand "Island in the Sky" however!
 
Happy Hump Day.  And I do understand the origin of that!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment