Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1 23 13

COLD!
 
It's called Winter, Son! 
 
So cold that the big lake looks like it will finally freeze this year for the first time.
 
Here's last night
 
 
And this morning!
 
 
New Hampshire of course.  Two cam captures on the northern end of Lake Winnepasaukee.
 
It did make freezing here earlier, but nowhere near what's going on up north.  Last weekend's adventure included a day at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC.  First time and nothing but opulence.  Course I wish it was my opulence, but not so.  I took a bunch of photos which cannot be sold because of their policy ..... it's all about making money dontchyaknow.  But that's OK.  I suspect that I can use a couple on here as nobody is paying anything for this stuff.  If you haven't been, it is quite an experience in the early wealth generated by those evil entrepreneurs in this country.  But don't get me started about how the early capitalists only built the country that you and I enjoy today.  Pure evil!
 
  Even the gargoyles are classic and interesting and I wish I knew the story behind them.
 


You could eat off the stable floor, they were so clean!
 
 
Just a couple of generic photos as a tease.  You really must take the time to go and visit the place.  Huge estate {a castle actually}, rolling hills  and mountains in the background.  A real treat. 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made it to the Biltmore yet (on my bucket list) but have toured the mansions in Newport, RI. It's quite an overload to tour several in one day. Is there an equivalent today? Maybe Bill Gates' or Tiger Woods' home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Anita. The ones that built Biltmore also had estates in Vermont and New York City...all state of the art for the time. I think we probably have to look to the hollywood airheads for that kind of housing.

    ReplyDelete