Friday, January 25, 2013

1 25 13

PRESSURE COOKER!
 
Anyone around that actually remembers what they are?
 
  You new folks probably think the the modern day "Pressure cooker" is your job!  Your life!  I know I feel that way sometimes.  It seems that the only way to deal is to caffeinate, hydrate and exacerbate our lives just to make it through the day.  I mean there's the alarm clock routine, shower and dressing for the occasion, commute, coffee, doughnut, email and memo check before the requisite meetings with people who are "some do and some don't ers", lunch either at the desk or with someone who ends up wasting a couple hours.  Maybe a couple hours of real work before the needy little heads of employees and colleagues poke into your "Private Office".  All the while taking care of personal business with spouses in the same soup, kids at school learning to be little thugs, or relatives who need a loan to get the double wide back up on the blocks.
 
And yes "Virginia" there is somebody that can do it and it's you!
 
Then, ya retire and die! 
 
Well, no I got news for ya.
 
when you retire, or even semi like me..........there is still a pressure cooker.  Aren't you glad that you have that to look forward to?
 
Sure 1% retire wealthy and can walrus up on some sunny beach someplace...but that ain't us!
 
Here's a few beans to put in that retirement pressure cooker.
 



 
I just had a favorite uncle pass away at the age of 101......Ya mean I got that much longer to do this stuff?



 
Now I have to go and chase that damn squirrel off the bird feeder.

 
OH, and did I mention that the Semi- part of retirement means that I still have to work on the pics, blogs, and social marketing just to pay the bills.
 
 
The definition of a "Real" pressure cooker is an old pot being heated to extreme temperatures with a air tight lid that when mistreated is likely to blow half cooked calves brains all over the kitchen ceiling. 
 
But that's for tomorrow's bucket list.
 
No sitting around and rusting for me!
 






 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I tried but never got the hang of the pressure cooker, plus being somewhat afraid of it. But my husband swears by it and still uses it a few times a year. No accidents yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good for you Anita, but for me the old frying pan can cook 90% of what I like to eat and damn the choleserol!

    ReplyDelete