Monday, March 18, 2013

3 18 13

Once again I apologize for being lazy with the blog.  Some ask, and probably rightly so, what do you do that's all so important that you can't jot off a couple of lines and add a photograph.  Huh?  If you were following that closely, I'd have hundreds of followers other than just family.  Flash, I find this one of the easiest ways to communicate with family.  They only have to pay attention when they want to. 

First, business!  It's been OK but a general slump since the middle of Feb.  Not a big slump but enough that one would feel it.  I have listed some new images of which I am proud and surprise surprise they are lighthouses.  And more of that to come.

 
This is Cape Lookout in North Carolina and getting a lot of visitors since I posted.
 
Saturday was spent primarily in obtaining the remaining three fence panels to finish the back yard enclosure started some six years ago.  Sunday had of course to be a day of rest!  Now there is no sense in hurrying things.  I just needed to do it before I (a) become too old to do the physical work or (2) died.  The holes in the fence look a bit like my mouth.  Missing pieces here and there.
 
 
That reminds me of a dentist appointment on Wednesday where we are going to have to create another hole similar to that which you see in this fence.  Hate having stuff pulled, but I look at it this way.  I also hate to floss!  So as my teeth age (not the rest of me) and I loose a few strategically here and there, I won't have to floss as much.  Just be able to brush around the remaining pillars.  See, there is an upside to everything.
 
These are six foot by eight panels of board over board.  Not all that heavy, but awkward.  Bless my next door neighbor, Philip, who helped my get them from the pick me up truck to the back yard.
 
 
I know my neighbor's yard doesn't look too bad that we would need a panel fence, but at age 73 nobody wants to see me sun bathe in the nude!  Plus it's more difficult for the thugs in the hood to fence jump from yard to yard.  Crime prevention you see! 
 
Plus it's going to look very nice when it's all done.  This is the side section with the eucalyptus tree.  That is the tree where Missy loves to tree a squirrel and then watch it escape along the fence line where she can actually chase and observe.  Also makes it easier to aim the BB gun as it tries to escape my wrath full of my birdseed.
 
 
A final not to all my male brethren out there.  When you go to buy flowers for the not so easily impressed significant or insignificant other....forget the cut flowers.  Look into the supermarket orchids.  THEY LAST! And live.  I bought this guy for
Valentines (Hallmark) day and am still making points.  Every bud is now blooming with maybe the exception of one or two that haven't hatched yet.  Good deal for a gift that doesn't die in a couple of days and it's over.
 
 
Bless your hearts and I'll write more often this week, maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment