Monday, March 4, 2013

3 4 12

TIME, LINES AND TRENDS
 
This last trip I decided that maybe I would look to other topics to grace my galleries of that website you all cannot bare to put down.  Yeah, I know you spend hours there when you have absolutely nothing else fruitful to do.  Nasty little secret is that I do too.
 
Something I  think more mechanical.  I mean lets face it.  Birds, while fun to photograph, don't sell too well anymore.  Oh, they were a big hit back in the 80's and 90's of that other generation.  But today....eh, not so much.  Sooooooooooo.....
 
 
Good old 7688 rolling up the tracks at the yards at Strasburg, Pa.  Right in the middle of Amish country...from steam engines to modern day stuff.  Like birds, these things don't talk back either.   A great place to take the kids or grand kids or if we all live long enough, the great grands.  Neat place even if if was closed and thirty something degrees below something else.
 
Maybe, because we have all become more sleek and in tune with the times.  Something automotive would sell.  It really does in fact.  Collectible stuff I think.
 
 
Or maybe sports or patriotic topics.  .Just cruise around a Wallmart parking lot and click away. Well, maybe better to be a Jaguar dealership. But then we'd have to explain why we didn't really want to by a jag...just take pictures for our long held fantasies. Sigh!
 
You know you've been Zambonied when you can see the reflection of the American Flag in the newly whetted ice
 
 
 
But then again let's face it.  Today, lighthouses are my best seller so why tinker with a good thing.
 
 
Guess it's better to be the best in your own back yard and not mediocre in another's.
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment