Wednesday, March 20, 2013

3 20 13

CAP'N CRUNCH!
 
Reporting on my visit to the dentist this morning and finding that my previous dentist "Captain Crunch" is no longer there.  He got his name from his expertise with the pliers.  Hung out his own shingle someplace an hour away where all the dead teeth go to retire.  So, I visited a moment with the owner of the dental office and discussed the removal of my last tooth.  Well, not really my last one.  Dr. C is a nice guy and just because his last name has only one vowel and that one is unpronounceable had no bearing on the situation.  Seems that the tooth can be removed, but only with the skill of an oral surgeon.  Whatever happened to hammer and chisel?  OK, I'll deal with it.  Second mortgage time!  So the adventure begins anew tomorrow and by nightfall I will be lighter by one tooth.  I hope!  So if I am not at the "Avenues" monthly meeting tomorrow night, you all will know it's not because I don't love ya.
 
I have a question for you!  How come it is that when you go to the dentist.......every sound you hear from whatever source, is just exactly that which is made by a drill on tooth?  Hummmm?  Tammy, my faithful dental assistant who is smart enough to laugh at ALL my jokes took a full scan x-ray of my mouth.  Machine sounded like a tooth being drilled.  No pain, but the sound was enough.  Called the office a day or so ago and they put me on hold!  Music in the background........Nah!  Right!  Tooth being drilled.  Ring the front door bell and ......... Drrrrrrrrrrrrirr!  What is it with these people?  I mean, when I call the heart doctor, I don't get a pounding woofer speaker bumping sound when on hold.  Or my general practitioner with a message...."First we have to weigh you" sound.  No strange sounds at the eye doctor.  And God forbid the on hold recording at the proctologist's office. 
 
 

Last tooth standing!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment