Friday, March 8, 2013

TGIF

TGIF
 
The good news is that when you get to be a seasoned citizen TGIF doesn't mean as much anymore.  The important thing is that your feet have hit the floor once again regardless of the day.  For some strange reason the good Lord has chosen to let me do all this stuff for another day, and that's cool!
 
This last trip north was very gratifying for a lot of reasons.  Reunited with family of course the primary reason, but I also had the chance to see a print that I had made of one of my photos on metal. 
 

I had given the above image of the Key Bridge, which spans the Patapsco River in Baltimore, to my son as a birthday present.  He is VP with a small business building such things and I thought he would enjoy the photo.  I made it using a couple of filters back when I first started photographing things (not selling so much) and was trying for a sunrise/sunset effect.  I think that I got something different.  I sent him a 16x20 of this thing on metal.  Did not see the print first as it was sent directly to him, nor have I seen any other prints done by them.  WOW!

The print is sleek and modern, no frame or matte and raised away from the wall.  The depth of colors and sharpness of image are just astounding!  Of course my question of the machine that does this stuff is.............How do it know?  Granted the original image was good and has decent depth of field as well as color (blind dumb luck category there), but the presentation is just astounding. 

So if anyone of you wants a modern, sleek and very professional print (s) to hang in your home or office space, don't be hesitant to do metal.  And of course you can find them all at the website.  I did have the chance to sign it for him and that helped to make it all the more special.

This process would be all the better if done large, such as 30x40, as long as the original image is sufficient clarity to handle such size.  Sharp that is.  An out of focus image will be all the more out of focus when done in the larger sizes and technology isn't going to help all that much.  I can remember, a thousand years ago, when all of my slides were coming back from the processor just slightly out of focus.  Now, back then we did slides and it cost around $18 dollars a role for purchase and processing.  So I was cussing the processor up and down until somebody suggested that maybe my eyes needed checking.  Sure enough glasses were in order.  Jeeeeeeesh, a blind photographer just doesn't work right.  After that the processor was doing a much better job.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment