Tuesday, August 20, 2013

20 AUGUST 2013

Calling somebody a "Turkey" is a pretty popular remark when you feel someone is acting foolishly. I imagine the remark stemmed from the way domestic turkeys behave and yes they are pretty dumb. Well yesterday I probably earned the name but fortunately there were very few people around to see the act.

You see as the old saying goes..."A turkey is so dumb he would drown in a rain storm".  The presumption is that he stands with his head and bill up looking to see where the rain is coming from and drowns in the process.  Well, I wasn't that bad.  But I wanted to make a specific image and I needed to get outside to exercise and clear all the mud from my thought processes. 


I had reached my destination and took a couple of pictures when the above happened.  Now there are not too many places on the Riverwalk to hide from the rain.  I do stop and get one or two of those doggy stuff removal bags that dog owners are supposed to carry for pickup.  In my case I used them to cover the camera....just a light plastic bag to keep it dry.  Well, they fit the camera but don't fit over my head.  No that's just poor planning on the part of the bureaucrat that invented the idea, sitting in his lonely geek cubicle devising ways to be a PITA to the rest of us.  So rethink it Wilbur!

I did luck out in as much as I found myself under the Rte. I126 bridge.  Me and the rest of the trolls resided under there for a half hour.


Another term I wonder the origin of.  "Like a drowned rat".  I guess it refers to the old sailing days when the rats would move from land to the merchant ships and back in all the ports around the world.  

Now I know what they feel like.  

Note to self.  Rain gear in the walking, hiking, biking survival kit!

  Take rain gear Turkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment