Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8 21 2013

Creek's up again!


We have been having enough rain each day to keep the river levels high, and then they open the gates on the Lake Murray Dam and up it goes another notch.  The actually had to close the upper gate to the Riverwalk at the West Columbia end.


I walked the new section of the RW on Monday around noon and found that I still had my hunting instincts from a hundred years ago.  I was purposely quiet because there were no people on the walk and I knew I would see something.  Sure enough there was a doe and her two fawn on a small ridge above the walk.  Momma stood and watched me for a few minutes then melted into the brush.  Babies stood wondering what was happening watch me for a minute more and then joined the doe in retreat.  

You all have a great hump day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment