Tuesday, July 16, 2013

16 JULY 2013

Thank you Lord, the sun's up.  You still going to rain on us today?  Let's hope so, the jungle still needs watering.

I am not sure I need to go into the back yard, I mean there are vines ready to attack whenever I stick my head out the side door and who knows what's back there.  All this, of course, tongue in cheek.  And I guess I should be happy because we don't have to use city water and the temperatures have not yet hit the century mark.  But that's coming too!

My high school class has some sort of reunion in September and it looks like I will be making the trip up to the wilds of New Jersey.  Used to be they were every ten years, but this is the 55th.  Every five years cause people are dying off and may not make it for ten.  Not buying green bananas either.

 Means I will have to pack all kinds of things and take my own grits and a car full of "Bless her hearts"!

  Sure do hope that the guards on the Mason Dixon line remember me.  Hate to have to shoot my way through, but then again it is Rte 95 and they let all sorts of indigents on that road.  Sorta like the bar scene in Start Wars, I mean do you ever look at the other peoples driving on that highway.  I call it the Blue Hair Highway.  Mostly blue hairs making their way to and from Canada and Florida. 

 Then I go back to NJ in Oct. for the Lighthouse Challenge in North Wildwood.  At least that will be a money maker!

The work continues on the sea shell project and the scanning/editing of new entries for "The Galleries".  Be sure to take a look and let me know what you thing of some of the new art.

  One of the neat things about working will the old files is that I get a chance to relive all the things I saw when I made the images.  The "Platinum Heron" was found on Assateague Island one evening along the walking loop.  Actually I guess it is walking and cycling loop.  Then at four or five pm they open it to cars.  During the day however, it is a great place to bike (bicycle that is) and to photograph.

  It's quiet during the day and you don't have to constantly look over your shoulder for cars intent on getting around the loop in record time.  That's a pet peeve of mine.  People go in their cars on these nature drives through wonderful scenery and just like any other road they come right up on your bumper.  Trying to make you go faster.  I mean you're there to see stuff and it ain't Nascar pal!  So Back off!  Oh well when they make me Emperor, I'll settle all that.



It's just like some spots on the River Walk!  You're go there to walk, run and/or cycle.  So why when the concrete walk makes a sweeping turn do you cut across the the corner and grind a trail through the grass, thus cutting off the corner.  Why?  Your there for exercise moron.  Why try to take a short cut. There ain't not shortcuts to physical or mental fitness Bud?  Well maybe there is to physical fitness.  Don't mess with the natural scheme of things.  And don't foul my playground!



No comments:

Post a Comment