Monday, July 8, 2013

JULY 8, 2013

STROLLING THROUGH THE SITES

I did walk the new section of the River Walk last week.  It is a nice section and mostly wooded with occasional glimpses of the river.  But we have had so much rain in the past few days that getting out and about is rather dicey without ones own personal bubble.  With all the rain the river is up of course, but because the Congaree River is the product of the merging of the Saluda and Broad Rivers, an interesting phenom can be seen.


The two different colors show the nature of the two rivers merging.  One more muddy than the other.    
I have seen this take place rarely on the Chesapeake after major storms, but this is rather common on this river


The rain can also play little tricks with the mind.  These two ghosts are out walking the walk but not talking the talk.  Actually the dampness of the boardwalk is evaporating in that area where the sun's rays are most intense.  Hence, the ghosts.

Or.....Maybe there really are?

One of the critters we see on the water are the turtles.  Because they are cold blooded critters, they have to haul out to take to the sun and thus warming up their blood so they can move comfortably.  They have been a bit cold in the last few days even though we have been in the 80's and 90's.


Just a reminder, you can click on the photos and get an enlarged version.  I did not walk most of the holiday weekend because of the presence of the weekend warriors.  So, I will be out  there today hobbling along with my stick and camera.  Conjuring up more pearls to share with you.  

A new Gallery has surfaced on the website, and if you have an interest please go and spend some time (money).  As the more astute of you know, I spent about 59 years of my life on or about the Chesapeake Bay.  As a result of that and my interest in fishing, I have a large library of "Watermen" images that I will be sharing with you.  The descriptions for each photo comes from my experiences and are "as close to the truth as I can get".  My eternal thanks to my friend Pat Biddle late of Chestertown and currently of Easton, Maryland for that last pearl of wisdom....always told the truth or as close as he could get to it.  The entire web site is going to be expanded dramatically over the next few months and I hope you enjoy those additions.  Well, I see that it's 6:22 am so I had better get to work.  Hope you all have wonderful day defeating your challenges and creating your happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment