Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15 2013

The rain jokes are getting pretty bad around here!  We're six inches above normal precip for the time of year and I have gotten to the point where I just walk out in it and think nothing of getting wet.  I did check the River Walk at the West Columbia location and it's still under control there but closed in our part of the walk.

This from West Columbia Saturday evening.


So Sunday was spent basically indoors.  Well, if you can call working in a garage with the door open working indoors.  It's actually kinda nice to watch the rain while staying dry and enjoying all the sounds, sights and smells of nature dumping on you.  

I have a collection of sea shells that my parents collected some fifty to sixty years ago and thought that perhaps now with all my vast knowledge of table top photography...well why not.  Actually, I have no vast table top experience.  But with digital, I now can take hundreds of photos economically and throw out thousands until I get something that looks semi-right!  I took over 600 pictures and as usual there are about three that look decent.  You will be seeing these things on the website soon.  The scanning of the library continues and there will be some three to four thousand images to be edited and listed.  In the mean time I need encouragement from the public that I am on the right track.  Yup, the only meaningful vote is a sale.  So get with the program.  You must have some poor unsuspecting Aunt, Uncle, daughter, son or parent to buy a picture for.  And I have just the right place to go.  And remember I am partial to prints done on metal.  They are much better than you could hope for.  Chow!



No comments:

Post a Comment