Tuesday, July 2, 2013

7 2 13

The idiots are already putting off fireworks off in the neighborhood!  And it's not even noon and only the second!

Last Friday, our Mayor (Bless her heart) opened the new section of the Riverwalk and it was a nice ceremony.  A lot of politicians praising and thanking each other for doing a job they were expected to do in the first place when we elected them.  I still say the downfall of this country was when the colleges starting calling Politics, "Political Science".  But the Riverwalk is, in my humble opinion (when have you ever seen me be humble?), one of the best ways to spend taxpayer's dollars.  And I don't care what program did it, in the end we paid for it and other things like it.  It is an excellent form of recreation.


She is a pretty lady and doing a terrific job.  I am happy to call her my friend even if she has to bite her tongue when I rant to her about something that I can't explain and she can't understand.  But then again that falls into the category of old age on my part.  I've earned it and am going to execute it to the best of my vast ability.

I did not walk the walk on Friday.  Too many people and politicians skipping along and holding hands.  But, this morning I did make my appearance just to be able to say that the old guy with the camera and lethal walking stick has shown up after the big dance.  We had a nice calm rain all morning (let's see it's not over yet) and the only sound on the walk was that of big drops hitting leaves.  It was quiet and no people.  I mean I love my human counterparts, but let's face it for the most part you're just pains in the potatoes.  Let's see it has been open four days and all I could find was some guy's t-shirt (like to know that story) and an un-recycleable plastic bag.  


I took this at a slower shutter speed lust to accent the rain, so your glasses or monitor don't need adjusting.  But it is apparent that the place hasn't yet been FOUND!  None of the I-generation was present.  You know that group of I-phoniers, I-padders....... I, I, i, ME, me, me group!  So without the uninformed amongst us walking, jogging, talking, laughing at inappropriate times at the top of their lungs.....it was nice.  I could not even hear my moccasins padding along the wet walkway.  Animals are fun to stalk, people are to easy!

Saw no deer trails yet, but they are coming.  Did see two does as I was leaving.  They had this year's offspring(3) with them and were headed for the river through the woods.  Relatives of St. Louis were there but not in huge numbers.  St. Louis you say?  Go back a month and read the blogs to see who he is.  Happy to report that no snakes or other creepy crawlers made their presence known and that's probably a good thing.  

All in all, a good morning was had by all and that is what I wish you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment