Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7 10 13

THE FLOOD'S BEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF WATER

Because of the pressures of work and maintaining life, I walked only briefly yesterday.  I decided to go upstream to the West Columbia section of the RW, just to see.  Not bad and I have seen the water levels much higher.....so bring it on Chantal.  For those of you that get your world news from MTV and Jimmy Kimmel....Chantal is the tropical storm making it's way toward Florida and points north.


As you can see this entrance to the walk is a little more urban and does attract the "With it", plug and play, "I" crowd group more than does the Cayce entrance.  A little further upstream is another more rural entrance to the walk.


This is the Gervais Street Bridge between Columbia on the left and West Columbia on the right.  I have seen the river over the boardwalk at this point, so this is not what it looked like it could be.  And who knows what Chantal, the tropical depression that is, and not an aging rock group (Chantals from the fifties), is going to do.  Just about every artist in the area uses this bridge as a subject of a photograph, painting or sculpture.  So I guess I have to join in.  Although some of my other attempts seem better to me.  The angle here is just a bit different.  And remember to click on the highlighted words for a brief but crass commercial moment.  And while I am at it, why not friend the blog and pass it on to your friends.  Every bit of advertising helps greatly.  OH, and I will get worse.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment