Saturday, October 12, 2013

12 October 13

Morning all!

 The weather God has seen fit to treat us with a calm, clear day with the temperatures in the low sixties.  It's quiet an the dogs have not yet begun to stir and are getting into their "Feed me, feed me" mode.

The stupid birds have not even found that it's daylight yet.  And that's a good thing.

This is the kind of morning that brings to mind flat lakes, small boats and fishing rods.  Well, to me anyway.  To you it may be mountain passes, snowy peaks, or wide beaches with quietly lapping surf or a mountain field full of wild flowers.


A sunrise so inviting that even emergence from under warm and downy blankets isn't the chore it often seems to be.  Pike Place perking in an old percolator pot and the smell of bacon turning a crispy brown.  Sounds and smells.  It's funny what the mind can conjure up when it is free wheeling through the memory chips of the fastest and largest computer that only God could make....the human brain. 

 We do that when we have no sticky notes before us.  No shopping list on the fridge.  No to do lists made the night before.  And no pressing issues in that sometime over used structure on our shoulders.  Given what's going on around us, we probably should exercise that structure a little more often.

I guess we seasoned citizens tend to roam through our mental library's more than the young.  We at least have shelved more books than the young and should, should I say, have those significant memories that allow us to actually sit back and enjoy the moment.


Days like this, in quiet and leisure thought, I am reminded too of the serenity prayer.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

If I could have lived that prayer all my life, I think that I would have been a better person.  But alas I am human and well those old memory chips can also give us problems as well from time to time.
It is however, a delightful day here in Shangra La South and right now I would not have it any other way.

Stay well read my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment