Wednesday, October 9, 2013

9 OCTOBER 13

Fifty eight degrees here in Shangra La South.  I understand my friends on the Jersey coast are bracing for a nor easter today.  Just what they need up there, but what the heck it's shoot a camel day!


I sure do hope that the shore keeps the sand on the beach and not inland where the front end loaders have to be brought out again.  Been a tough year for those folks.

We are beginning to see the photos of the colors in the North East.  Jack Nevitt has been posting stuff from West Virginia and Rebecca Latson is in Maine.  You might want to check their links here to see some fantastic work.



I continue to be desk bound, editing and posting.  I am about all ready for the trip to North Wildwood.  Wondering if I can rent a flat screen TV to run the website during the show and generate orders directly there from.  Just a thought, but am not sure I have the technical expertise to pull that off.

While taking a break, I have been dismantling the apocalypse garden in the back in order to move it to a spot more in direct sunlight.  Last year's garden was a bust and I think it basically did not have enough light.  It at least gets me off the puter for an hour or so.  One of the local banks was robbed yesterday, and in a small community that's big news.  People just desperate I guess.  What will all the lies being generated out of Washington lately, things are just a little dicey.

  A man after my own heart has the answer to all that though.


And my mind wanders from time to time to those days when I did that....... just go fishing.


And this addled old mind slips back into "The Putt" just offshore on the Big Lake with a landlocked salmon coming to net.  Those moments when the rest of the world can go hang.  No photos to be taken or edited.  No crass commercial moments to be created.  Just eight ounces of fishing rod, ninety feet of fly line and a two and half pound of salmon doing his best to stay alive not knowing he will be released anyway.  Parts of life have been a good life.

Well my friends survive your Nor Easter, stay safe and know we are all thinking of and praying for you all.  

Good Hump day my friends,  stay thirsty!





No comments:

Post a Comment