Monday, October 14, 2013

14 October 13

TRIVIUM

The weekend was calm here, with not much going on except the best football game I have seen in years.  Of course I am biased, but the Penn State/Michigan game went to four overtimes with PSU prevailing.  Sweet!

Sunday was another successful day of avoiding pro football on the telly.  Just not as exciting as college, but then again I guess I am biased once again.  We did take a mini-road trip up to the lake to see Sheri's cousin's place which is under construction.  Looks like a Junior High School .... yup that large.  We took Missy with us and she loved to get out of the house and her own back yard.  However, the floating dock was a whole nother thing.


You might have to zoom in a bit to see that she is splayed on the deck with front paws holding on for dear life.  Hey, stuff I'm walking on or laying upon is not supposed to move.  She flat out did not like that part of the trip.  There is a little bit of color in the trees, but we just don't get the mountain colors down here.  Too bad.  And we probably won't get a decent chance at the fall colors next week as we will be Jersey Shore bound from Thursday this week to the same next week.

I do love to free wheel photograph as you know and found two places of great interest.  The first being some old Texaco pumps at a little store along the way.


The other image (s) I made were of an old barn or shed on a little dirt road (Country Roads).


This is an unedited image of the barn.


As you can see the edited image looks a lot different than the original.

  I happen to feel the final product is more attractive.  Remember, I am not here to massage my own ego.  Some would say that it is large enough already.  No, my purpose to to create something someone might want to hang on a wall.  If someone doesn't like the final image, well congratulations....you have a mind of your own.  And I go onto the next image.

  A very wise man of the sales type once said this to me.  "Of the universe you are selling into, you will always get a particular percentage regardless of how good, or bad, a salesman you are.  The trick is to take away part or all of some other salesman's percentage."

  So that's the trick.  And proverb number 1,123 of Skip's almanac of garbage knowledge and other useless trivium.  Oh and I have no idea whether Trivium is a word or not, or means what I want to say.  Just a piece of trivial info!  That's my definition and I'm sticking to it.

OK, I looked it up and it's not quite what I thought it would be. But then again it might fit in a twisted sort of way.
  
"An introductory curriculum at a medieval university involving the study of grammar, rhetoric, and logic."

Have a wonderful week and work on those percentages.



2 comments: