Saturday, October 26, 2013

26 October 13

 Chilly Willy!  

A hunerd years ago I was known as Willy.  A nickname which really didn't stick created by some of my high school friends, or maybe it was college.  At any rate, it's 36 degrees warm here this morning and we are "Chilly"!  But, then again it's October or at least it was the last time I looked. 


We had the opportunity to visit old Cape May, New Jersey last week and it always amazes me the extent to which people will go to keep their residences looking nice.  It's the law there! I mean, a hunerd miles up....who cares.  But down here it's paint and groom constantly.  Now this community is the end of a great bit spit of land bordered by salt water on basically three sides.  Sherwin Williams loves this place!  But those old Victorians are a drawing card for the tourists.  They're kept neat and spit shined to use an old army term.

I am not real sure what it is exactly, but I think of other spits of land extending into oceans that draw of tourist dollars is a driving force in lawn and building maintenance.  I mean there's Provincetown on Cape Cod and the ultimate end of land in Key West.  All similar destinations sticking out into oceans. All with similar life styles.  I love them all and all offer fantastic photo ops.  Great restaurants.  And even something called "Nature".  Places where the oceans dictate the daily game plan and not the humans.  Places too where "Time Goes By".



Penn State Vs. Ohio State today...so you know where I'll be!  Great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment